Simple and quick to make!
Makes 5 tarts
Ingredients for the crust
For the vanilla bean pastry cream
For the glaze
For the toppings
Instructions to make the crust
To make the pastry cream
To build the tarts
Build the tarts right before serving. These don't store incredibly well since the cream gets a skin on it and turns a yellow color. So wait until you're about to serve these, then build them!
This salad takes just minutes to make, yet is colourful and tasty and perfect for a warm summer evening.
½ cup cherries, cut in halves
150g soft goat’s cheese
1 cup salad greens
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1. Remove the stones from the fruit and cut into quarters. Arrange on a platter.
2. Sprinkle over the goat’s cheese and salad greens. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
3. Garnish with lemon zest and serve.
If you’re looking for some meat in your summer treat, then this is a perfect salad to try out. The heirloom tomatoes give you a big serving of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as potassium. The fresh basil, thyme, parsley, and chives will give you that cool relief from the warm summer night. This particular recipe comfortably serves 6.
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
2½ teaspoons granulated sugar
½ teaspoon black pepper
3 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
½ cup red onion (thinly sliced)
2 pounds heirloom tomatoes (cut into 1/2 -inch wedges)
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves (minced)
1 tablespoon fresh thyme (finely chopped)
2 tablespoons fresh basil (minced)
2 tablespoons fresh chives (finely chopped)
Bring a full kettle to the boil. Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil. Preheat BBQ hotplate to medium heat (if using).
To serve, pile spiced bulgur onto plates and top with seeded chicken. Drizzle with pomegranate dressing.
1 teaspoon each of chia seeds, poppy seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
Bulgur spice mix
½ teaspoon each cumin, coriander and paprika and ¼ teaspoon each garlic powder and turmeric
In a large bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard; 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses; 2 tablespoons white wine; and 1 tablespoon runny honey. Add 6-7 tablespoons olive oil in a thin stream while whisking constantly until all is incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Will keep in fridge up to a week.
Makes about 3⁄4 cup.
Enjoy this twist on a traditional comfort-food. This version of paella is easy peasy and will become a family favorite.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until softened.
2. Add the chicken pieces into the frying pan with the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing regularly until browned all over (the chicken will finish cooking later). Add in the garlic, cumin, smoked paprika and turmeric and stir through for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
3. Add in the diced tomatoes, asparagus, and Cooked Basmati Rice. Bring to a rolling simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender and the liquid has reduced slightly.
4. Stir through the frozen peas, baby spinach leaves and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper for 1 minute or until spinach has wilted and the chicken has cooked through.
5. Divide the Spring Chicken Paella between a bowl for dinner and a container for lunch tomorrow. Serve both sprinkled with Parmesan and parsley.
Dairy-free option: Replace the Parmesan with 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast flakes
This smoked salmon pizza is simply scrumptious – all the flavours work so well together….smoked salmon, rocket, capers, lemon, sour cream….what’s not to love?
The pizza dough recipe can be kept fresh for a few days in the fridge – simply roll it out when you need it. It’ll help you make a super quick dinner on a busy night!
Home-made pizza dough (makes 4 bases)
Toppings (enough for 2 pizza bases - double if making 4 pizzas)