Enjoy this twist on a traditional comfort-food. This version of paella is easy peasy and will become a family favorite.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until softened.
2. Add the chicken pieces into the frying pan with the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing regularly until browned all over (the chicken will finish cooking later). Add in the garlic, cumin, smoked paprika and turmeric and stir through for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
3. Add in the diced tomatoes, asparagus, and Cooked Basmati Rice. Bring to a rolling simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender and the liquid has reduced slightly.
4. Stir through the frozen peas, baby spinach leaves and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper for 1 minute or until spinach has wilted and the chicken has cooked through.
5. Divide the Spring Chicken Paella between a bowl for dinner and a container for lunch tomorrow. Serve both sprinkled with Parmesan and parsley.
Dairy-free option: Replace the Parmesan with 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast flakes