Makes 20 Pikelets
BASIL & CASHEW PESTO
1. Blend flax-seed and water together and leave sitting for about 10 minutes to for a gel that will help bind the pikelets.
2. In a large mixing bowl place salt, flour, cumin, coriander and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl mix milk, carrot, parsley and flax-seed mix together.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine together.
5. Drop tablespoons of mixture into pan. Cook until bubbles appear, then turn and cook until brown.
6. In a blender, blend all pesto ingredients together until creamy.
7. Serve pikelets with cashew pesto, extra basil and some finely diced capsicum.